Tuesday, September 9, 2014

OUR KITCHEN RENOVATION

We began our kitchen renovation project at the end of April, 2014. It was a very necessary project as the kitchen hadn't been refinished in around 15 years. Our house was built in 1908 and being 106 years old it had some of the original cable wiring which was frazzled and ready to catch at any moment, plus we had a "hot-wired stove and everything was on one circuit causing frequent power outages .Much to our surprise, when I left one day for shopping, the carpenter  had his helpers come in and when I returned, the kitchen was down to appearing like a shed!!!
Anyway, this project took until the beginning of July to be completed, and after a lot of frustration, numerous arguments, endless trudging upstairs with dishes, arduous decisions, and maneuvering cooking and cleaning from our dining room, the completion far exceeded my expectations. Jack Carrigan and his amazing team of workers did an amazing job and I am so thrilled with the results, although Ron and Jack had their moments butting heads. The expertise tiling of Tre Tile's, Trevor and Herbie, was done with perfection and they added some personal touches of my choosing to make it even more special. I just love it!!! As for one magic wish I had, which was a shadow box made out of two small windows (with stained glass window panes)  used as doors and found at a garage sale, it was completed and is the perfect finale to my dream kitchen. Only one thing is left to be done, however, and that is a wooden top/shelf that is being made by a carpenter friend of Ron's, which will be added over our washer and dryer. As far as I'm concerned the, the majority of our kitchen is completed and we couldn't be happier!!! I have taken photos from beginning to end here is our journey:






























































No comments:

Post a Comment