Sunday, March 6, 2011

Art Work Old And New







































Some of the art I like to do involves painting on old windows, antique, old vintage bottles, nice pieces of wood found and anything pretty that can be recycled. I take great pleasure out of seeing what I can do with something that is ready to be taken to the dump or a beautiful piece of driftwood, a lovely smooth rock or anything from the earth. I first noticed an old window at a tea house when I was visiting my daughter's college town. This lovely merchant had it hanging on her wall with some beautiful flowing daisies and sunflowers on it..behind the glass was just the lovely wall color in a light peach color. It fascinated me and she allowed me to take a photo of it so I could try it. Lucky for me, my mom was redoing her kitchen and having these gorgeous latched paned windows removed much to my chagrin. It was the perfect time to try painting flowers on them so I adopted them along with the memory of where they used to hang. Since then I have hunted for more old windows and love the look especially since they don't hide the paint on my walls that I hate to cover up. Please check out the slide show of some of my work.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it my dear FAF. I love birds so much, those are my favorites. Continue like this!
    HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete