Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March, 2011

Today I am attempting to begin a new chapter with my jewelry and art..I've always wanted my own blog so am going to attempt to start one and showcase the things I've created to share with others on line. I feel this way maybe we can learn from each other, share tips and ideas and maybe even sell of few items. I would appreciate any help my fellow crafters,jewelers and artists have to share.

I have been designing jewelry for about fifteen years now but have been interested in art and nature for as many years as I can remember. I started with creating magnetic jewelry after receiving one as a gift many years ago. I loved the bracelets so much that I researched about hematite and looked for a good and honest retailer to purchase my beads from. I decided I wanted to incorporate the best and prettiest beads to make gorgeous ones as long as I was making them. I purchased colorful and dainty cat's eye beads at first and then followed with Swarofski crystals for their sparkle and how well they looked with the magnetic hematite. I then researched for the strongest clasps and materials to make them with. After that, It was no time at all before my friends and family were asking for them. I have made many since, but mostly for gifts until just recently selling them at a local gift/antique boutique called "Jeez Louise".

The magnetic jewelry comes with a small pamphlet explaining the magnetic properties and what it does to enhance physical well-being. I personally enjoy them because they're pretty, last forever (if taken care of properly) and are EASY to clasp since I am very arthritic.

I also make costume jewelry and love creating and putting together beautiful beads to make a unique and colorful piece of wearable art. I enjoy antiques and therefore, I also hunt for and purchase older pieces of jewelry and update them for todays styles.

Since I am a huge Michael Jackson fan, my latest jewelry has been designed by things involving and inspired by him and for myself and the many fans I've met online.  MJ was one of the most musically & artistically creative genius's this world has ever had! Therefore, I feel compelled to make jewelry depicting my love for him and all he's done. He was so misunderstood by the media's bad press that I can't help but want to design things out of love for this amazing humanitarian gone too soon.

My art is also a collaboration of things I enjoy and love such as nature, flowers and animals. I come from a beautiful area in the northeastern part of the US and so I have many things that inspire me to want to paint and create. I love painting with acrylics on old collectables, such as old windows and wood, as well as slate and other things coming from the earth. I also enjoy painting with watercolors nature and still life scenes. To me, anything can be made beautiful if you envision it as such. In the past, I have made copies of my work and then make greeting cards and gift tags for gifts. They are so much more personal and fun as gifts if they are scenes from our hometown and familiar objects, animals etc...

I will attempt to add and catalog my items as well as describe each one individually in the future. If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer so please ask away.
This is my first blog so please understand and hold my hand along the way!!!

BJ

2 comments:

  1. You're the best! Your writings sound just like you talk......so sweetly and sincerely and with such humor! After seeing all the pictures of your art I have a much better idea of the vast extent of it---I had no idea! You just keep on doing what you're doing 'cause it's pretty special! I'll be anxious to see when you get your online store set up! much love, Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my dear beloved friend, Peg..I appreciate your loving support and constant encouragement more than you will ever know! You make my heart "smile"!

    ReplyDelete