Thursday, March 24, 2011

Show & Tell

This video displays more of my jewelry and art, as well as other crafts designed throughout the years such as paintings on bottles, large rocks, cherry wood and slate. The bear was not chiseled by me but I painted it for a friend who requested it. One craft I enjoy making are greeting cards made by copying my art work onto card stock paper. The artwork, mostly watercolor ( some acrylics) depict Adirondack and holiday themes and are then packed into assorted or duplicate sets of six to be shared with friends or shown at holiday craft fairs. I have personalized them also to suit various occasions. This video is titled "Show & Tell" because some of the items show the beginning process of my painting and how it plays out in my eyes on the canvas until completion. It can give those interested an idea of how I work to create the image desired. The large painting of the man fishing is one of my first art works so you will notice it's a bit rough, although a special "favorite" of my husband's because of the "subject" matter. It was painted on old fiberboard to be thrown out and embellished with birch branches to cover the ragged edges. This painting depicts the three of us relaxing on a spring day and is a reminder of years ago when Jessi was young.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job sister dear. You are so creative! It's nice to see it all displayed and cataloged for all the world to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my precious BG...your work is absolutely stunning and so very creative. You are multi-talented with your work extending to much more than jewelry, art etc. I am so very impressed with your creativity and your obvious talent for making basically nothing into something very beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with me, I'm just so overwhelmed at your uniqueness and your L.o.v.e. for the beauty and expression that can only be realized through your creations based on your own dreams. All my L.o.v.e.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry BG...I meant BJ...I hit the wrong key...OOPS..!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete